This section was created with the purpose of promoting training and the competent exercise program MINDFULNESS AND EDUCATION: CONSCIOUS SCHOOLS (MEECC) and its social and institutional recognition in different fields of application, as well as ensuring compliance with the standards and own recommendations program.
Intended as a framework for those trained in formation or wishing to train in this program, providing support and key to learning and continuous updating, for the implementation of courses in their respective workplaces resources, professionals and the continued training and retraining. Also to create an environment swap community of teachers and an official directory of qualified teachers who can be consulted.
D. Rodrigo Pérez Galindo.
Doctor of Fine Arts by the UPV
Program approach MEECC
In education have proven the positive effects of Mindfulness: in increasing levels of creativity (Franco, 2009), academic achievement (León, 2008), in the regulation of emotions in children with internalizing and externalizing their emotions (Lee et al., 2008), in modifying aggressive behavior in adolescents (Singh et al., 2007) or in improving the perception of self-regulation, self-efficacy, improved mood and sleep quality (Caldwell et al, 2010;. Semple et al, 2005).. Similarly, it has also proven the effectiveness of the stress reduction program based on Mindfulness (MBSR) on education professionals (Franco et al, 2010;. Gold et al, 2010;. Napoli, 2004).
Applying Mindfulness in Education has the potential to improve students’ attention and ability to focus, improve memory, self-acceptance, self-knowledge and self-management skills.
Mindfulness and Education Program: Conscious Schools (MEECC) has been entirely developed by a multidisciplinary team of AEMind, under the direction of Luis Gregoris de la Fuente, being a pioneer in the field of education.The MEECC integrates Mindfulness skills (mindfulness) in the educational environment, providing a powerful tool oriented educational excellence. MEECC has been adapted to meet the requirements of standards developed by AEMind Mindfulness (www.aemind.es) within the European framework of associations of Mindfulness: EAMBA.
The MEECC is a training program of empirical support, based on the MBSR. This approach to MEECC teachers is directed to the discovery of internal resources of each own, promoting commitment and constancy practices. In each activity the exercise of Mindful Attitude is touted as way to channel their energy into the process of personal balance and health itself. In addition, practices that favor emotional regulation against relations with the student and their parents are included.
The MEECC is oriented towards applications at work, so that teachers have tools that facilitate them to address their professional responsibilities with a mindful attitude. Techniques are proposed to carry out their duties with full attention: from reading emails, to conduct meetings. Likewise, by way of illustration of the protocol that is taught to children, it will perform some of the exercises that the students for the teacher to understand how you could create a “mindful” atmosphere in class.
The current proposal focuses on the following aspects:
- Support and motivate through group practice, training in Mindfulness.
- Help overcome difficulties and doubts related to Meditation and Mindfulness practices.
- Propose different types of Mindfulness practice to integrate them into daily life.
- Getting through training and training a change of attitude to life that it is healthy and transformer.
In education also appear new lines of research with the overall objective of bringing these innovative programs -based practice Mindfulness- to different educational agents (teachers, family) and students. These proposals seek to provide a tool that serves to enhance and / or develop different emotional competencies, human values, social skills, prevent stress, facilitate emotional regulation or increase academic achievement.
MEECC part of a pragmatic proposals, promoting Mindfulness practice in all sessions with a teaching method that encourages direct experience. This allows make more accurate decisions, even in times of stress, not only in retrospect.
Practice exercises aimed at improving Mindfulness and promote coexistence with what is gradually: from management of Fear (avoidance of experience) and ego (identification and attachment) to the “Autopilot”.
In the program are mixed formal nuclear specific meditations, exercises in subgroups, reflective exercises, informal practices, practices in motion and brief theoretical explanations After completing the course, are developed monitoring programs and maintenance practice and deepening retreats.
- Caring for the integrity and competent practice in the delivery of programs MEECC.
- Provide quality training, competent and accredited as teachers MEECC.
- Ensure the integrity and competent practice in the delivery of programs MEECC.
- Potenciar el desarrollo profesional y científico de los profesores o futuros profesores.
- Enhance the professional and scientific development of teachers and potential teachers.
- Promote cooperation and exchange of information and experience among members.
- Create a directory of qualified teachers.
- Introduce and promote MEECC in educational settings at all levels and ages, both students and teachers and parents.
- MEECC introduce and promote employment in other areas or contexts.
- Spread and make accessible the program to improve welfare among the general population.
- Promote and disseminate scientific research in various fields of application.
- Organize, promote and disseminate scientific activities, professional, care, assistance, etc.
- Provide resources and support for lifelong learning.
Who can be a member of the section
AEMind’s Partners who have completed as participants at least a full program of MEECC and at least a silent retreat of not less than 2 days, having a personal practice of habitual Mindfulness and declare intend to follow the path of MEECC training as teachers, by performing at least the teacher training.
You can find more information about the training of teachers MEECC in: escuelasconscientes.es.